- 10 red baby potatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano, fresh or dry
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, fresh or dry
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 4 bamboo skewers
HOW TO MAKE POTATOES ON A STICK
1. Place potatoes in water in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil, & cook until tender but still firm.
Strain & let cool until easy to handle.
2. In a small bowl, combine all herbs & seasonings together.
3. When cooled cut potatoes in half or fourths depending on the size of the potato.
4. Place potatoes in a mixing bowl. Add olive oil & herb mix. Toss until all potatoes are coated evenly.
5. Thread potatoes on skewers.
6. Preheat greased BBQ to high heat & grill skewers about 30 minutes, turning occasionally, & brushing with olive oil.
STORY BEHIND THE DISH
I have used this same recipe to bake red potatoes in the oven several times, I wanted to try something new & I like the way they turned out. Plus potatoes on a stick is just more fun.
You can uses any type of potato for this recipe, I like red or fingerling potatoes. Feel free to season potatoes with anything, seasoning salt, other fried herb such as thyme, sage, etc.